At the beginning of the school year, I posted my Eating Well Guidelines for the school year. Now, as my school year winds down, I thought I’d give a quick look at how I fared.
- I ate very cheap this year.
- I think I ate relatively healthy, but could definitely improve.
- I often went for cheap instead of healthy.
- I bought meat once- terrible ham on clearance for really cheap.
- I don’t think I bought a single premade dessert all year.
- I definitely dumpster dived much more than I bought.
- I didn’t eat many dumpster dived doughnuts.
- I bought way too many frozen pizzas and chimichangas. I know, I’m guilty.
- I did an okay, but not great job of buying local.
- Eat out? I barely did it.
- I think I only did one late night Taco Bell run.
- I definitely didn’t meet my goal of making a new recipe every week.
My homemade meals were generally baked squash with apples or omelets. I got really good at eggs. We’ll see how I do this summer, especially with a lot more locally grown fruits and vegetables available