I’m about to start a new school year, and for the first time in a long time, I’ll be cooking for myself, at least part of the time. The smallest meal plan I can have is for about one meal per day in the ‘Rot (named after the former owners, the Marriot), which leaves 2 (or maybe more likely, 1) for me to make. So I thought I’d make some guidelines to help me use this oppurtunity to its fullest.
- I will eat cheap.
- I will eat healthy.
- When #1 and #2 come into conflict, I will eat healthy.
- Meat is expensive. I will not buy meat, and if I want meat, I will eat meat in the ‘Rot.
- Premade deserts are expensive. Since I can eat these in the ‘Rot, I will not buy them.
- I will try to minimize buying with dumpster diving when possible.
- I will avoid eating too many dumpster dived donuts.
- I will avoid buying too much premade food (microwave food, etc.). This serves to make me learn how to cook, and premade food isn’t too healthy.
- I will try to buy local while it is still available.
- I will only eat out on special occasions.
- I will avoid late night Taco Bell runs.
- I will make a new recipe at least every other week.
Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. I’ll let you know occasionally how it goes.